Tuesday, February 12, 2008

we fly high, no lie, u know dis, ballinnnn...

1} Themes are the most important part of what you write. Without a theme you can't even begin to write a story or play. All the greatest piece of literature has themes. For example all the Harry Potters, Lord of the Rings, Da Vinci code, Romeo and Juliet and many more. if you don't have a theme your story is weak, and not interesting. A story or play becomes more popular if it has a good theme for example: love, loyalty, courage, sacrifice, scientific fiction, horror, or mystery. In the end, themes are the most important part of a literature.

2} A theme that I would consider communication through your play is how money is the most important thing is life. As a young kid, I always wanted to get rich and play basketball. So I thought why not combine both and be happy. Since the day I could walk, I had a basketball. Wherever I went I would always be dribbling the ball through the streets and even when I was sleeping. When I was five years old, I used to play basketball with middle school kids and when I was in middle school, I played with high school kids. Currently I play for school varsity team, and am the scoring and assisting leader. I have been awarded many full-ride basketball scholarships from many schools, including, U of Minnesota, UCLA, U of North Carolina, Ohio State, Duke, Georgetown, and Florida. And I am thinking of going to UCLA, then be drafted to the NBA and play for the Celtics. When I turn 21, I will make more money than Kobe, and Lebron.


3} The one and most important conflict in my play is my shortness. I am 5’7” and to play for NCAA Division I basketball and NBA it is very unusual and difficult. One other reason is that I am Asian and there are only two Asian players and they are both tall. Ever since my childhood I have been doubted because of my height, and I have always overcome them. Allen Iverson is short but he is one of the best players to ever play the game, and he is my idol.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Wow!! Thats so cool and quite the inspiration! The theme could be like overcoming obstacles to acheive your dream or something

j.Irv said...

WOW it sounds like you captured my life perfectly. That is soo cool that you got a scholarship from all those schools, I wish I was that good at b-ball. Your character sounds kind of greedy. All he is thinking is MONEY, MONEY, GIVE ME, GIVE ME, GIVE ME!!!I would like to see him over come something or have him learn a lesson.