Friday, November 2, 2007

His Girl Friday


I thought His Girl Friday had its ups and downs. Firstly, I was impressed by the speed of their conversations. It made me want to concentrate more because if one misses a little part, one might miss a big part of the story. But talking too fast made me lose what was going on, and I missed many parts when I just couldn’t understand or keep up with the characters. I think, all the characters especially, Bruce did a great of acting. I liked how Bruce acted as the nice and sometimes slow guy, with Hyldi being the smart, commanding, and the “man” of the relationship. Maybe back than, it was funny, but this movies wasn’t funny at all. The only funny part in the movie was the stupid guy in the end who always talks about his wife, and when Hyldi banged into the short guy in the press room. I was surprised as back than, the power a woman had. She had a great job, may men following her, and she could just pick one guy in the end, which usually a man does. In the end, i am surprised the movie is called a "classic" because it failed to gain my interest and the plot was not well done.

2 comments:

j.Irv said...

I thought they talked really fast too. The speed of the conversation was both a good and a bad thing. I felt that it made the film more exciting but it also made it hard to notice what was going on in the film. I found myself having a hard time keeping track of where they were or where they were going.

t-cHiN said...

The fat guy was definitly the funniest, i also talk about how this movie lacks enough to gain my interest because of what were use to today. But i also think that its still a classic because people back then probably liked this kind of humor which is why it was popular back then, but not now beacuse what we find funny now is different from what they would find funny.